Friday, November 04, 2005

About me

Now that I've started this, I should write. Only life has been more than a bit boring of late, now that I've left the farm. Or is it that the farm left me?
I think I'm getting ahead of myself. Perhaps I should explain the farm.
Last October and this past October, I had a very part time job at a local petting farm. Being an absolute animal nut, I can't begin to describe my feelings about it. Sure we had to shift pumpkins every day. Thousands of pumpkins that had to go from great mound o'pumpkins into nice little piles so that the kids didn't climb the great pile and break a leg or something. Now, of course if the chaperones were doing their job we wouldn't have to flatten the pile but chaperones and parents prefer to be chatting with each other or on their blasted cell phone. Who goes on a field trip with their kid and spends the whole time on the phon. And speaking of cell phones... with them so popular how will you ever know if that nut ahead of you talking to himself and waving his arms, is talking to himself or on the phone? WHich brings up another peeve of mine. Why do people on cell phones think that they are suddenly in a bubble and no one can hear what they are saying while, in truth, the whole world hears about that growth removed from their whoopsie daisy or the green discharge from region best left unexplored.
Maybe it's not them. Maybe it's just me and my curmudgeonishness is beginning to show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>