Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Office chaos

I was ready to jump out a window today at the husband's office. He has his own business. I work mornings for free. Youngest son does data entry for $$ when there is $$ and then there is the husband's full time employee. I'll call her A.
A doesn't like me. The husband thinks it's because she has desires for him. Little does she know that he would never be interested in her. Not that I think I'm such a hunk of hot whatever that he'd never LOOK at another woman much less her. It's more of the fact that she is dumb as dirt and the husband could never abide a dumb woman. For instance he has to tell her to pay her bills. Not the office bills but her own personal bills. He also ends up picking out her lunch for her when they go out to lunch because she can never make up her mind and when she does she then asks why she chose it.
So there she is lusting after the husband, who by the way looks like Jerry Garcia wearing a swimming tube around his middle. I do mean Jerry Garcia when he was alive and not what he would look like now after being dead for so many years. So she lusts after him and wishes I was dead and gone, or even better that I had never existed. As for me, I tried to make nice and take her out shopping once only to have her tear me down throughout the whole day. NOTHING I did suited her, from not making my sons go to college (just how do you MAKE an 18 year old do anything I wonder), to I must take my dogs to a groomer to my house wasn't clean enough when I had invited her for Thanksgiving dinner. I still try to make nice because the husband has enough stress on him as it is with the business going downhill and all.
Since no one actually wants to hire me, I'll go work for him and he has told A that she needs to find another job. He hasn't given her a deadline only that she must move on. This is really for her own good because she hasn't been paid in weeks and should have some health insurance.... that includes mental health because THAT is what she needs.
YOu see, everyone is always talking about her. If she sees a group of people standing together and laughing, they are laughing at her. Neighbors slam their apartment doors just to aggrivate her. Now if she slept in the bedroom like a normal person and not on her couch in the living room, she wouldn't hear doors slam. And when the neighbors' doors slam, why she has to get up and slam her door two or three times just to show them. Only recently we've discovered that she was threatened with eviction from her next to the last apartment and the last apartment, the same thing happened, so she move dout into a two room suite in someone's house where she has to share the kitchen. The door slammers have followed her. Not only that but in the office, which is basicly a room on the thrid floor of an old building turned into offices, the people in the office next door are always slamming doors. Oddly the husband and I have never yet heard a door slam. Sure they close but all doors close. She showed them yesterday, slamming doors to teach them, throwing things around the kitchen (on the same floor) and asking like an ass. The husband grabbed her and chewed her out but she didn't learn her lesson. She got into it with the guy in the next office today screaming like a maniac, swearing and who knows what else. It got so loud that I couldn't hear the old guy who was on the phone with me at that time. She has gotten so out of hand that the guy next door wants to breakhis lease and get the hell out of there. I want her the hell out of there and, today the husband is supposed to tell her that he will be cutting her back to four days. We're hoping she gets the idea and actually looks for a job.
I cannot work like this. That atmosphere gets to me and knots my stomach.
ANyone want to hire a paranoid?
ARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!! There I feel better.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Things could be worse -- you could have a screaming 13-month old trailing you around and whining all day long. oh wait, that's my life......... Glad to see a place where I can read your stories easily! Great blog!!!!

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>