Monday, March 06, 2006

Rocco charms the beast

Once upon a time we adopted 3 rescued kittens. Two were litter mates and the third was just fostered with them. I thought since they had all been together they would be tightly bonded but I have never been so wrong. The boy was our Pip who we had put to sleep last year because of fatal liver problems. Isabella was the fostered kitten so small that she fit in the palm of my hand. She's still small but has never had anything to do with her brother and sisters or little dog Ollie but loved our Mutley. (heart problems died at home, broke my heart) Now she's the craft room cat coming out only to poop and to eat. But not at the same time, thank goodness. And then there is Chloe aka The Bitch. She likes no one, sits in no ones lap and will hiss at the dogs and the other cats just as soon as look at them. Except with the big galoot puppy we have, Rocco. Chloe actually likes Rocco and lets him get away with things she wouldn't allow with anyone else. Right now, she's sprawled on the couch with Rocco's nose burried in her belly. He's snorting into her skin and she's purring like mad, legs extended, claws appearing and disappearing as she kneads the air but is so very careful to keep those claws away from Rocco. AS for Rocco, Chloe actually seems a calming influence on him. Something I am eternally grateful for. Rocco got one of my shoes AGAIN last night. I bought and identical pair to replace the one shoe he chewed about a month ago. The right shoe. Need I say which shoe he chewed this time? Two bad I don't know anyone with ttwo left feet.
Wait... I do. It's me. At least by the Husband's opinion. Of course I haven't danced with him in years, ever since he told his adulterous girlfriend that I danced funny and then came home and told me the same thing. I don't know what was worse, him doing that, or calling me from his girlfriends house one day and asking me to give her my recipe for the rice he liked so much. For all I know I could now be a ballerina, though I'm not too certain about the tutu. For me it'd have to be a three three or maybe even a four four.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>