Friday, February 10, 2006

Friday

The weather guys say it's going to snow tomorrow. Which means that Maryland is in an uproar. I had to get some things from the store this morning. Stuff I needed whether it snowed or not. The store was the land that time forgot.
This store is near one of those big senior citizen complexes. One of the ones with their own darling busses that take the residents to the bank and the store and whatever. So that area is heavily old folked. AS is the grocery store where carts just stop in the middle of the aisle or next to another stopped one and the old folk attached to the cart just stand there as if this was the decision of a life time. One guy stood there comtemplating enourmous jars of pickles. Ok I get the bread/milk/toilet paper obsession that hits this state with the first flake but I fail to see the significance of a jar of pickles the size of a small car. I suppose should a pickle emergency crop up, the guy will be ready.
I bought younger son a snow shovel for Christmas. He was the one who said he wanted stuff for his house and that is what he got. He looked at me as if I had lost my mind, yet again, and I couldn't help but nooge him today about the sheer intelligence of the person who bought him a snow shovel.
Now I may be raining or rather not snowing on someone's parade but my snow toe does not hurt. Not a twinge and this is the toe that warns me when storms are coming up from the south and that is where we get our heaviest snows. I trust my toe more than the weather guys. I guess we will see. Or not see as the case may be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>