Friday, February 03, 2006

ANy old random thing that wanders through my mind.

Older son is grilling, the dogs with him as co-cooks. Pork roast with a homemade marinade. I haven't had to cook dinner one time this week. I helped with this one. I made the potatoes. Out of a box and not "real' mashed potatoes, you know, the ones with lumps that my mother always made a big deal about it making it seem as if the men were deprived because they didn't get lumpy potatoes. Hey, the men love potatoes out of a bo.

I went to the HUsband's co-investor's house to help get his files organised. I got so much done in two hours that even I was amazed. Co-Investore was paying Devil woman to do this for him but it was taking forever and everything was confused. I'll go back in two weeka to keep everything in order. Co-Investor wanted to pay me but I'm doing this as a pay back because he co-signed on the husband's loan for 3 mortgages for properties the husband is buying. I'm glad I got to co-investor's today and not Saturday when Devil woman is around. She rents a two room suite at his place. In fact, he's rented his whole house out a room at a time and even rents his couch to a guy and his dog. Co-Investor's room is squeezed in beside the furnace.

The husband has always wanted to be a real estate tycoon and I often feel badly because if he didn't have a wife and family he would have done this years earlier. When I mentioned this to him, he told me he wouldn't change a thing, that he'd be so lonely without us. And besides, he's starting to do his tycooning now.

The side of my face is swollen but I know what caused it. I'm hoping ecchinacea will take care of it. I do NOT want to go to the dentist. Besides, the swelling has wiped away the wrinkles on that side of my face.

My birthday is Tuesday and the Husband is bugging me about celebrating it. Birthdays are no big deal to me, they never have been. I don't expect gifts. Instead I'm off duty for the day and can do whatever I want without haveing to concern myself with cooking or dishes or laundry.

One birthday younger son actually set up my rubber stamp stuff for me. That was when I had a table in the living room and had to put everything away because there was no room for stamps and a Christmas tree. I hadn't gotten around to pullin out all the stuff but younger son did, set it up wonderfully and even made me a sign for the wall. "Mom's spot" it read.

Another birthday, Older son was appalled that there would be no gifts for me on my birthday. He treked to the local shopping center, through the icy snow to spend his allowance on a gift for me. A cool little dog statue that I still have. That effort alone was a gift.

How can anything top that?

My sister turns 50 this year. I can imagine the high drama going on in her house. You would have thought the world was coming to the end when she turned 30 and then 40. 50 will be a hum dinger. I don't get this angest over age. Turning 30 or 40 or 50 isn't that big a deal if you look at the alternative. But my sister does so love her high drama. Some of the stories younger son tells about her has me close to peeing my pants. The funniest part is that nothing is exaggerated. It's told the way it happened.

And odd crap always seems to happen to us. AS well as remarkable things. I wonder why that is. Someday I'll have to put down on paper, or in a blog, some of the stories of my life. I doubt people would beleive them but hey, what would you expect from a woman who was in a bank robbery and thought it a test, met her husband at a funeral, and can fend off jaw clacking pigs. Yep. My life has never been boring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>