Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Is it art?

When I'm in my craft room, Rocco sits outside the door guarding me from who knows what. I hope he's protecting me from bad taste because some days the stuff I try to call art stinks.

Anyhow, he usually makes himself comfortable with a stuffed animal for his head and usually something out of the hamper to lay on.

His favorite bedtime buddy used to be this large plush gorilla I had named Eloise Matilda. Eloise Matilda has her own history but lately, at least before Billy and Bob the Ball brothers were taken away leaving Mr Winkie on his own, she was Rocco's 'girlfriend', She was so much his girlfriend that after one of his trysts with her we were careful not to touch her until her fur dried. Since the removal of the Ball brothers Rocco prefers a plush reindeer which is softer and floppier than Eloise Matilda.

I head out of my craft room this evening, go to step over Rocco but am caught up short, staring. Rocco is sprawled on the floor, head on the reindeer, butt on the pillow I use for my leg, body on the green plaid material that Older Son uses for a kilt at the Ren Fest and sprinkled all around him......


silver glitter......



big chunky silver glitter.


I had no idea that I even had big chunky glitter, but leave it to Rocco to find it.

I suppose this means that he was always meant to be my dog. After all I do believe that if it ain't glittered, it ain't art.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>