Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Hooo Haaaa!

The office is mine, nearly. Devil woman had come in on Saturday to clean up her desk and take her stuff. Instead when I got in there on Monday there was papers all over what had been her desk, desk drawers open, a dirty mug and a knife on the desk top. THe three hole punch is missing. She claims she bought it. I wonder how that can be when I'm the one who picked it out while shopping with The Husband. So I'll bring in the cheapie three hole punch I have at home and let her have it. We are still using her fax machine, after all.
Today, the husband and youngest son went to the courthouse to gather foreclosure information. Once younger son gets a car it'll be his job to go and gather the information once a week. Devil woman used to do it and always showed up in the office in a rage. Always blamed the traffic but she could have just as easily blamed oxygen.
Anyway two of the men went to the courthouse while I stayed in the office and tried to be busy. I attempted to clean up Devil Woman's computer but it only drives me mad. Why in gods name would she have saved some files in three separate places, or no less than 5 bookmarks for the Postal service. Obviously she couldn't go to the main site and then click on whatever it was she needed. She had endless casserole recipes saved, a Lilo and Stitch pinball game, and every single message she typed up and gave to the husband. It's a womder that I didn't pluck myself bald.
Then younger son and the husband returned and younger son gave me a hand deleting junk on the computer. He said we'd be better off just wiping everything out and starting again. I wanted to throw the whole mess out of the window along with the knife and the mug. Apparently, she's coming back on Satuday to get the rest of her stuff. Why couldn't she do it last Saturday? A repeat business gives her a chance to see the husband again. She's always had a crush on him, wants her for her own. Ha! As if. Were she more intelligent she might have a chance but the husband can't stand a stupid woman.
I miss not having younger son at home. I see him nearly every week and cannot get my head around the fact that he is grown. He's talking about a second job beta testing and debating which kind of car should he get... a new...way expensive...a used...certified but still over $10,000.00, or just some clunker to get him back and forth. He works out of the home so he doesn't really NEED a car for work but I hate to think of him carless. He takes his job with his dad very seriously. I'm so proud of him. It's also good to know that there is another body determined to make this business a success. I suppose I don't have to worry about him anymore.
I'm sure, given time, I will find something to worry about. I always do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>