Friday, December 30, 2005

To Blog or Not to Blog

There I am driving along 95, which for some reason people seem to mix up the route number with the speed limit, and pass a sign asking the public to donate their cars to the School for the Blind. Now that's a scarey thought. I'm picturing all of these cxars with white canes attached to the fronts. Sort of like bumper cars but for real.
Then there are the sign one finds stapled to telephone poles. One sign, for signs, 100 for whatever amount of money actually had words in the sign misspelled. Now I am not the greatest speller in the world but if I were a sign maker I'd get me a dictionary and fast. Or even spell check on the computer.
My favorite telephone sign of all times was bright yellow and read in big bold letters "Lose 50 pounds of ugly fat...free samples" Thank you, no, I have all the ugly fat one could want.
I haven't even started on the wandering apostrophe signs. Suddenly every time someone wants to make something plural they add and apostrophe s. For instance "Frisky's puppie's". There's a sign on a High's convenience store that reads "No Minors (notice minors is not only spelled correctly but there is no apostrophe but wait) allowed in store without their parent's" AAAAHHHHH Their parent's what? Wallet? Blood type? Punctuation. I am so tempted to type up a correct sign on my computer but if I started with that I'd be going on and on forever.
But the all time what the heck is this sign are the billboards in and around Baltimore that read "Believe". That's it. nothing more. Just 'Believe". I'm not going to even try and figure out that one.
Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>