Monday, November 28, 2005

Devil woman

That's what I'm calling the husband's insane wild eyed employee. She threw such a hissy fit today that the husband told her to go home which meant that I was in the office from 10am till 9pm and am exhausted.
Devil woman is starting to scare me. I mean really. The look she threw us as she stormed out today left no doubt in my mind that she would be going straight home to fashion voodoo dolls out of melted candles and cackling something about 'slamming doors'.
So what set her off this time? Damned if I know. First of all she came in at noon. Now she's been doing this for some time. She comes in at noon and EATS HER LUNCH!!! Now how many jobs are there out there in the big wide world where you come into work and have a meal. Isn't that usually reserved for middle of the shift kind of thing? So the husband told her that now she has to eat at home and then come into work at 1pm instead of noon. So she trots in at noon and does who knows what in the kitchen for half an hour.
ANd then it went to hell in a handbasket. Somehow she got all wound up and spewed... that she doesn't have TIME for lunch before she comes into work at 1. This is her only job so what else is she doing? Then she didn't look for a job because she didn't have money for a newpaper.... conveniently forgetting that all the local papers classifieds are on line. Then she couldn't look for a job because she didn't have her resume in order and was looking through her boxes to find whatever it was she wanted.
According to the husband she must have 100 boxes of must haves, including clothes that she wore in the 80's, 10 year old hawaiian phone books and probably every pair of shoes she ever owned. Since she had a four day weekend over the holiday I wonder how many boxes there really are. No wonder she coudln't sleep in her bedroom in the last apartment. It was probably filled with boxes.
After the looking for the references part she then went off on all kinds of ridiculousness that tied my guts in a knot so hard my eyes bulged and I shook like a willow in a high wind.
I cannot wait until she's out of there for sure.

And then, to cap the day, that mortgage refi we've been waiting for is being held up because come credit reporting company attached some stranger, whose been dead for years to the husband's credit and has screwed it up royally. NOt only that but not one of the credit agencys had out address right and we've live dhere for 23 years. I don't have money for food, let alone Christmas and now this... no wonder my head hurts.

But, then we come home, to discover little dog Ollie had gotten out of the yard so he had to be scolded and then idiot dog Rocco jumped up while I was bending down and we clunked heads. Rocco's head feels as if it is made out of iron and yes, you really can see stars.

I stagger into the house, mail clutched in my fist and there is a letter for me from a favorite friend and a big block of rubber (as in unmounted stamps, not in exciting sex games kind of way)sent to me because... I needed it. This block of rubber was a prize someone won online and had it sent ot me instead. It made me feel all warm and happy and I"ve promised myself that when finances work themselves out I will have to do something nice for them both. Maybe even something that ISN'T handmade for a change.

I just hope tomorrow is better. I don't want to even think about what it would be like if it was worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>