Saturday, December 24, 2005

I'm back!!!

I finally have the return of internet at home and now I can blog. I tried blogging from the business computer in the husband's office but it refused to cooperate. So here I am full of chatter and ready to go on and on. Hey it beats wrapping presents.
Yes, Virginia, there is a Christmas this year. Last year we had none and it looked like there would be a repeat this year only through the husband's magic and determination did we finally get some fund yesterday and in 3 hours we had 90% of our shopping done and it took about that same time today, if you count the time for lunch, to have it all done. Older son even wrapped the presents for me, the husband and his brother while we were gone. Now we have his to wrap and those presents that are a duplicate of his brother's. Each year I swear I will never do that and yet I always do. There are always things that I want the both of them to have. We spent way too much money but I figure it makes up for last year. Even better, younger son now has all his back pay and can relax as well.
MY sons.... was there ever a mother luckier than I?
Older son is my rock. Not only did he offer to pay for Christmas dinner but had offered me his entire pay check so I could go Christmas shopping and not be as depressed as I was. He's marinating the steaks for tomorrow's dinner and will be grilling them as well. He's always helping me with big dinners. We're able to work without talking. He always seems to know just what I need and when.
Younger son is a hoot. A dear sweet loveable hoot. He's always so able to make me laugh but the other day he made me cry. He had no money...hadn't been paid by his dad in weeks and yet he kept working. He has no car, his threw something out of the engine and no way to get to a job outside of the house, even if he had one. And yet, younger son put his arms around me, told me not to worry that we wouldn't lose the house that, if he had to, he would move back into the house, get a job, give me all the money from his job and help us keep the house.
What did I ever do to deserve such sons? I am blessed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Goblin Anne said...

And we are all Blessed to have YOU in our lives, as well.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>