Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Thinking

I have a husband that does not know how to think quietly. The thoughts that wander through his head has to be spoken aloud. For instance he walks in the door tonight to say "I will not have that dog jump all over me." Then he segues into "I'll take the garbage out when he comes in the house" "I need to buy paper plates" "the dishes are done'. All in the space of less than five minutes.
He does this all the time. Even goes as far as to tell me he's going downstairs or is going to watch tv. I'm surprised he doesn't give me a blow by blow description of each inhale and exhale. The man definitely loves the sound of his voice. I only wish it was something interesting. I find that I'm starting to tune him out and wonder what would happen if he tells me something important and I don't hear it. Something more important than 'this sock is tight' and 'whose is this. The last said when he's in another room and I couldn't possibly see what he was referring to.
I sound ungrateful I know. After all this is the man who held me as I vomited copiously all over everything when I had a case of the rampant wobbles. I guess I just feel it isn't fair that I have to hear all the crap floating through his head while I have to tell him things three or four times before he hears me.
Older son asked me the other day how we would ever tell when the old fart loses it. Older son wonders if his father would then start making sense. AS for me, I rarely make any sense and am proud of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>