Wednesday, September 05, 2007

DUI son update

Not only was the son driving drunk but he plowed into a tree. We think he totaled the car, the insurance guys will take a look at it tomorrow. Somehow he got out of the car and found himself sitting on the grass with no idea of what had happened. He waited more than 30 minutes for the cops to arrive. He could have walked off and claimed someone stole his car but he didn't. So now is the calls to the lawyer and the treatment centers and all the rest.
He told his job what happened and they didn't fire him. In fact, they asked what they could do for him. He's feeling lousy (wiplash we suspect] and so he's going to the doctor tomorrow. The paramedics were called but he said he was fine and they didn't take him to the hospital. They should have. But they didn't.
I saw his new place today. He kept apologising for the clothes on the floor. I raised him and he lived at home till two years ago. he still comes back to visit and he should know that clothes on the floor don't bother me. I like his room in this new place. There a nook right by the window where he has his desk and he has a closet SOOOOO big he could actually put an air matress in there and sublet his room. He has a second closet with all kinds of cuning wire shelves that sets my organising heart a flutter.
I'm trying hard to hold onto my sanity with all of this and the failing business and being behind in ALL of our bills. I can't even get very creative and every task takes me far too long to complete. I'm still angry at younger son and it'll take a while to forgive him. But I will forgive him. I always do. sigh. I need some brightnes in my life right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>