Thursday, April 23, 2009

Oh jeez, there she goes again

Rant and rave time. Or maybe just pondering the foolishness of us mortals.
I watched part of the lifetime movie about the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. It seems as if she was simply acting like any foolish teenaged girl would away from her parents and on a lovely island with a bunch of friends. I'm sure the words she should have known better have been spoken about this. Or that she was foolish or sholdn't have been drinking but something really jumped out at me. She was on a school trip with NO BED CHECKS!!! It didn't matter that she was 18 or had graduated or was going to. If she was on a school sponsored trip and there were chaperones just what in the hell were they thinking. NO BED CHECKS???!!!! When oldest son went to London with the High School marching band in his senior year, there were activities for the whole group to do together and there was times when they went out on their own BUT they always had to check in at a certain time and all gathered for dinner together as well. Even the seniors. Really, how hard is it to pause in your fun to say I'm here and off you go again. What WERE they thinking. Everyone knows how teenagers morph into knuckleheads at times, so didn't ANYONE think, let's make sure everyone is in their rooms at such and such a time and in for the night.

I also thought that the woman who played Natalee's mom in the tv movie was belaboring the southern accent.

Ok and on the what were they thinking angle. There is a blog I read even tho it is rather infantile at times and the author was moaning that she had not achieved what she wanted out of life such as a family and her one true love. What was she thinking? She's married, just moved out of state with her husband so it's the two of them against their brave new world and she's posting for the world to see that she has never found and does not expect to find her one true love. What if her husband reads that. Can you imagine. It would probably break his heart. And yes I could stop reading the blog but I've never actually been able to follow someone about to crash and burn from the very beginning.

Hello blog are not totally annonymous and while I also love reading Dooce's blog, I wonder how safe it is to have her daughter's picture out there, especially when people in her home town recognise her from the blog. I don't even call my men by their given names, hoping to allow them to hold onto a bit of privacy. And as Rocco the Wonder Dog is an affection slut, he doesn't care who know his name.

And speaking of Rocco, he's on the bed with me, with his head stuck under a blanket because the light is in his eyes making it hard for him to sleep. He does this himself. He's still a bit lame from his run in with whatever hit him, but he doesn't even consider stepping past the boundary of the open gates. I'm sorry he had to learn his lesson about getting out of the yard the hard way, but maybe this time it will stick.

The husband and I went out to dinner tonight. At one table this girl whined over and over and over again "I want steak, I just want steak" till I was ready to rush the kitchen and grab the first steak I could find JUST TO SHUT HER UP. It would have been easier if on of the adults with her had answered that whine, but they ignored her and whine whine whine she went. Then a family with two young boys (younger than the girl) showed up and the four of them made less noise than steak eater girl did. KNow why? Because mom and dad were paying attention to them, listening to what the boys had to say and responding. I wish there was some way I could go up to a parent and tell them if they just paid some attention to their kids they might be surprised at the outcome..... but.... if they don't listen to their kid, they certainly aren't going to listen to me.

So that's it from my corner of the world, boring as it is. As much as I grew to hate the library, there was certainly always something to write about.

1 Comments:

Blogger faddisfamily said...

I just love coming to your blog and reading about your adventures. Your life sure seems more lively than mine. It's been a while so I had to go back a few months to get current -- Saint of Poop -- St. Poopenstein, my family would love that!

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>