Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hippity Hoppity

No dyes eggs for us, or big choclate bunnies. The sons are grown and I need choclate like I need a hole in the head. Neither are their fancy dress up clothes. I can remember once upon a life, visiting a dozen stores or so to find just the right purse to match just the right shoes I had found to go with just the right easter dress. HA! Now, when I find a purse and yes it is a A purse, i carry it until it falls apart and am stunned when it actually goes with something I am wearing. When my mother died she had 75 pairs of shoes (74 of them pinched her feet) and a purse to match each color. I have six pairs of shoes but mainly because I got some great end of season sales and walked away with red velvet flats for $1.25. Oh and I guess we really can't count the shoes I used to wear when I worked with the pigs and only save because of the smell. No euwwws please, they mostly smell like hay and sunshine. god I miss those pigs.
Speaking of pigs.... the oldest son made they easter meal and we ate like pigs. he grilled steaks, made his new favorite fried rice/w curry dish and did some magic to a plain bag of frozen green beans. I don't like green beans but I had two helpings. Oldest son had also cooked last weekend and made his rice, pork chops and the green beans. His friend and my third unoffical son, Chris had a plate and then his seven year old daughter wanted a plate and then her friend wanted one and there sat the little girls chowing down despite the fact that they HATE green beans and rice. I wonder why it is that anything the oldest son tries turns out wonderfully. The same for the second son. This is only the start of his second year with the company he works for and he got the largest raise of all the workers. Wasn't much of a raise but it was the largest. Some day, he'll discover what it is that he really wants to do and then look out world.
Rocco the Wonder Dog is almost his old self after his run in with a car and a mightily bruised butt. He still walks about with that spread legged gait babies with full diapers adopt, but he is getting better.
Business is picking up and I am overwhelmed with trying to get my mailings out, while tyiping up new contracts, faxing letters, answering phones and all the rest while listening to the husband piss and moan about what he has to do. I am becoming very good at ignoring the pissing and moaning. I don't have the time to listen. Still I guess it is better than working at the library but not nearly the fun of working with pigs.
I made the mistake of looking at some artsy blogs and depressed myself. Why can't I do stuff like that. I must have a niche somewhere if I only knew where.
Anybody got a niche going spare?So back to easter.... I enjoyed it so much... definitely much better than those family go to buffet things we had to endure when the boys were young. My sister never could control her sons and it was downright embarrassing to be seated at the same table with them. Once, the room actaully applauded as we all left and another time youngest son wanted to know why he and his brother had to behave when my nephew did not. I simply told him that he and his brother were my sons and I expected better from them. I've been thinking a lot about my sister lately and I have finallycome to the realization that she 'done me worng' with this whole mother's death, funeral thing and the crap she pulled later. but no... I'll have to save that for another time, when I'm not too tired to come up with a full head of steam and really let it rip. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>