Thursday, February 26, 2009

I have seriously lost my mind

Picture this.
I get into my car with a grunt and much carefully moving of my body... this crazy winter on again off again weather is havoc on my tender fibro'd body. So there I sit, blinking away tears of pain and I see this shopping cart come rolling by all on its own. No packages no person, just this shopping cart rolling along the main aisle, picking up speed but its course is straight and true. And what do I do? Do I run out there and nab the sucker before it alters course and rolls into someone else's car... oh no not me. I shout, and I do mean shot.... Run free little shopping cart, run free....
As if there's a herd of wild shopping carts grazing behind the super fresh and my cart is running to meet them.

And here I was wondering if I really needed my prozac. I guess I had my answer.


I wonder if herds of shopping carts are territorial. We definitely know they have a pack mentality because you usually see them in clusters and it's a rare cart that choose to wander off on its own.... unlike mannequins who are much more solitary and prefer out of the way places. I mean, why would these bubbas on the real crime shows claim that when they were up to the jock straps in swamp water huntin gators or whatever and they stumble across a dead body the first thing they think is that its a mannequin. I mean why else would there a a mannequin in the swamp in the first place if they were herd beast like shopping carts and teenagers? Some questions are ment to be pondered and never answered but I do tell you this, with my luck I would see a body floating in the river and get all bent out of shape yelling that there is a body in the river only to have the cops and the fire and rescue and who knows who else and make their way down the bank of the river, to the water to discover that the body was only.... wait for it... wait for it.... a mannequin. I think it's time for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>