Sunday, February 08, 2009

craft classes

I've tried as well as I can to find some craft group to join only I'm coming up empty. So I thought about classes. I should find some classes and went searching on line. I ran across a polymer clay fest that will be held only about a half hour away from me and I got all excited until I read the cost of this clayapalloza. $350.00 for the weekend. Holy crap! I checked to make sure I wasn't seeing extra zeros where there weren't any and it said $350.00. To play with clay. I also tooka quick look at what is supposed to be taught that weekend and I have to say, I expected much more for my $350.00. I like clay but not THAT much. Even a local-ish stamp store wants $75.00 for a class. Holy crap once again. As for local craft stores... well... I've already managed to master most of what they offer. In fact, I am so done with beads though no suddenly they seem to be the hottest thing. A Local Michaels' even has its own bead room. I suppose I'mm forced to wander as a solitary soul trough the craft wilderness that is Maryland. I wonder if I can convince the dogs that they want to share some crafts. I could teach them how to make a pair of earrings and they could teach me how to hide rawhide bones in my shoes or tear the stuffing out of a stuffed toy with my teeth. No. I think I need actual humans. Dang.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vyx said...

How about if you think of something to TEACH at one of the craft stores or stamp stores? Make some samples, etc... and take it all with you and tell them that you will be a new teacher if they'd like. You can work out details, like what the students will need and have the store supply it, but you should get a certain amount of money yourself per head. (that's probably why places ask so much...)

I think it's a great idea, I know you have stuff you could teach, and just teaching one or two classes COULD net you some crafting friends who are local.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>