Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Musing

I'm sitting here this morning with Little Dog Ollie curled up next to me, I got to thinking about how old he is and how dreadful it's going to be when he goes and then my mind carried me further and I thought about my own passing.

I've heard of the tunnel or the white light and that your loved ones who have gone ahead are there to greet you. If I can have my druthers, I want to be greeted by those who really love me, my animals. I can picture it. My childhood dog, Taffy, long and low to the ground, who taught me how to love. There is Bo, my first cat, who went far too soon and Neba the greatest cat in the world who also taught me what love is. I mean, this cat would join newborn kittens or puppies in their box when Mama went out for a walk or a meal. It didn't matter that Neba was male, he loved babies, the human ones as well. There are more cats: Poppy, Alex, Robin, Twirly Twiggins, Honey, Vincent, Patchwick and Pip. MOlly and Scamp join Taffy, the two of them finally cured of their mange and happy and healthy. Emily, my dear little dog with the go funny foot who limped when she walked but used all four feet when she ran. She knew her time was coming and so,while the husband and I were on vacation, she got out of the yard at night and was hit by a car. Suicide to spare me watching her fail and die. And my Mutley with his arthritis and his congestive heart failure and his happy funny face. His body will be wiggling all over, he'll be grinning at me and he'll be giving ME m&Ms each night. now THAT'S a welcoming committee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>