Tuesday, November 25, 2008

HMMMMMMMM

I am in a bit of a quandry though I'm not sure it's big enough to qualify as a quandry. To make a long story short, I sorta signed up to classmates dot com not planning on actually joining and somehow three people have checked my site and signed my guest book. I didn't even know I had a guest book. Anyway, there is no way I can find out who these three people are unless I become a gold member which translates into... give us some money.... So here is my quandry (I swear I'm spelling that properly despite the underlining the computer insists upon aS if to taunt my lack of spell-a-bility) I want to know who is checking me out , I really do but I'm not sure I want to know enough to pay for it. Besides, I was NOT the most popular kid in high school and so I have no idea who even knew I was alive then, let alone wonder if I am alive now. Some days I wonder if I AM alive. So why should I spend money to find out who was interested enough to look me up while I'm thinking they probably looked me up because they couldn't remember who the heck the polish girl was. There were two polish girls in my grade, me and a girl named Janet Equallylongpolishnameasmineski and everyone was always mixing the two of us up. We looked nothing alike and while I am not a raving beauty, poor Janet was downright odd looking. So now are they looking for me or for Janet Equallylongpolishnameasmineski?
My maiden name by the way was Kwiatkowski and I could spell it in kindergarten. But I'm wandering. So do I spend the money to find out? And if I don't why can't I let it go and allow it to keep pestering me. or find out and then be disappointed? AHHHHHH!!! decisions decisions.
Oh and ever hear of the saying about "damning with faint praise"? Want to know what it said under my graduation picture in the yearbook? Cheerfullness and kindness beget each other. gag. They must have gotten that from "The Book of What to Say in Yearbooks About People You Know Nothing About Nor Care to Know."

Of course the best one in that yearbook was under the kid who spent most of his life with a camera hanging around his neck. His read, "A Picture is Worth a thousand words" and sine he hadn't shown up picture day there is only a gray rectangle saying Picture not available.


But the very best of all was in a friend's yearbook. She went to the High School that my sons went to and since she and I are the same age we were both in high school when people weren't so ready to take offense. In one picture there are a couple of African American girls eating something and the caption reads.... Mmmmm those BROWNIES look delicious. If that happened these days someone would be strung up by their petard.

SO do I don't I do I don't I do I Don't i do?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back to your old self.

Signed,
ThePeruser

11:44 PM  
Blogger Vyx said...

I was a gold member for one year. The only contact I made that was worth anything was my best friend from early grade school who I'd lost touch with.
Let it lapse after that, and guess what? They took my whole profile out of the stinking thing. I am for some reason signed up again, but as a free member... I think the whole guestbook thing is a scam to get you to pay. I should go delete myself from em, cause I'm not gonna give em any more money.

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scam, Scam , Scam.
Don't pay the money!

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>