Saturday, July 19, 2008

Self Correcting Dogs and other stuff

Have I ever said that I have the cutest dog in Christendom and beyond? It's true and while he is not mine, exactly, he still looks at me as mommy. Ollie the wonderdog is a shitzu powderpuff mix. A powderpuff is a japanese crested only it has hair. Ollie will be 11 this year and has lost none of his swagger. He still races anything on wheels that comes down the road and wins, still bosses Big Dog Rocco about and melts my heart whenever I look at him.
Once upon a time, many years ago, before Prozac, Ollie did something wrong (he was still a new puppy) and I yelled at him. He gave me this penetrating stare, trotted over to my sneaker, backed up to it, lifted his butt a tad and SHIT IN MY SHOE. And then, and then he looked me the the eye again made a fwoof sort of breath and walked away. I haven't yelled at him since. Of course I haven';t needed to because Ollie was trained by Uberdog Mutley who is gone but will never be forgotten.
Fast forward. Ollie has one bad habit occasionally he chews on things of mine but they are the oddest things. Crystal dangles hanging from my purse, the plastic clasps on my lap top bag. The other day my purse was on the floor and Ollie neatly extracted my cell phone from it and chewed on the antenna. When I found it I immediately knew the culprit and simply looked at Ollie and said in a wounded voice, "Oh Ollie what did you do?" I didn't yell, didn't swat just sat there and sighed. In a moment Ollie was in my lap for a snuggle. I told him to leave me alone for a bit and Ollie jumped down. BUT... and I didn't notice this immediately, he left behind his favorite stick as if giving me something of his for what he had done. OLdest Son said Ollie was giving me the stick to use as an antenna. Of course I forgave Ollie.
NOw big dog Rocco is much the same. When he does something wrong, I don't even have to know that he did something wrong or what it might have been all you need do is look at the dog and see it written across his face. The worst punishment for him or for Ollie is to tell them that you are not talking to them and ignore them for a bit.

oTHER sTUFF
The KIng of the Knucklehead has been upgraded to "Stalker' from destructive pain in the ass but his peace order has STILL NOT been served. It's a good thing that KOK is such a knucklehead and keeps doing ztuff because the last request for a peace order expired so we got to request a new one.

The kid next door has a goat. A black teenaged pygmy.... the goat, not the kid. I am experiencing a pang.... more like a three pronged pitchfork... of envy so fierce that i'm afraid my heart may break. When I gave up the idea of ever having a pig for a pet, I thought I'd love a little pyqmy goatling. I fell in love with one when I worked the Petting Farm and I wasn';t even IN the goat pen. So now the kid next door has a kid and I am eating my heart out. I'm not even sure I'll have a house by the end of the month and certainly cannot add any more creatures to the household. But come on now, powers that b e. Did you have to rub my face in it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>