Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I haven't been funny lately

I haven't been funny lately (but I have been redundant...redunadant). I used to be funny, hysterical, roll your eyes at what I said and waiting till you are alone before laughing out loud because what I said was SOOO outrageous you really shouldn't condone that behavior funny.
I don't know what happened exactly but I have become sad. As if something had broken my heart. I don't like being sad but I am.

HOWEVER

I am going to try and put on a funny face. It may take time, since I'm out of practice and it may be at someone else's expense but I need to get my funny muscle moving again, otherwise... well I wouldn't want to be around me otherwise. So bear with me and let me see if I can find something humorous.

Oh yes. International market. Suddenly I love that place though I wish it didn't smell so strongly of some sea creature that's been living at the bottom of a sludge filled canal for a bit too long. No pig or cow heads yesterday ... I guess all the heads were sold over the weekend... why heads? Do I even want to know.

ANyhow I was in produce this time. Me and a number of lovely hispanic or is the proper term latino people. And I do mean lovely. Children with huge dark eyes, babies with a fluff of dark curly hair, buxom mamas followed by smiling fathers. t There I was wondering HOW to cook cactus and why you would cook cactus and marveling at how yucca looks remarkably like a ... well... bull pizzle and is it really coated with wax? The yucca not the pizzle. There was what I thin was a fruit that had hair and spines AND was green when I spotted the good old fashioned I know what to do with it green peppers that I had been looking for but hadn't reckoned with the... cue dum da dum dum music... the plastic bags from hell. SOmeday I want to meet the guy who designed plastic bags from hell and make him open one, to be used as a parachute, and kick him out of a plane. I have a problem with opening ziplock bag with my fingers who occasional feel as if I amd sporting cucumbers on the ends of my hands, so pbfh are the bane of my existance. Ripping them from the roll is easy but then trying to get it open.. I try to pick the sides apart, then roll them between my fingers, then start flapping it like crazy till I realise that I am trying to open it from the bottom and then turn it right side up and have no better luck. So I'm shaking the bag like mad, muttering to myself when I look up to find a latino man smiling at me gently. Without a word He offers me his open plastic bag and takes mine. I felt like bursting into tears. Silly, isn't it that a plastic bag can reduce me to tears. MY plastic bag superhero

2 Comments:

Blogger Holly Young said...

Sharon, next time try this simple trick. Take the bag and lay the end that is supposed to open against your arm or hand and rub with the fingers of your other hand. Like magic, the plastic will separate! I promise.

Holly

4:16 PM  
Blogger Vyx said...

My boyfriend struggles with those bags, also garbage bags. I told him to dampen his fingers, THEN rub the end of the bag between him. He said he wished he'd learned that a gazillion years before. Poor guy. But he no longer struggles. :)

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>