Monday, November 24, 2008

Minor Sacrifices

I've gotten used to making daily sacrifices to the god of ice cubes. NOt that I had much of a choice. It seems that anytime I go into the freezer for ice, one cube always escapes to go skittering across the floor and hiding itself away where it will slowly melt into an obvious puddle which then compells the husband to point at it and say "Who peed there?". Since we have dogs and cats, well, if it was pee, there is a culprit of sorts and yet I find myself so tempted to fall to my knees and hug his knees sobbing, "It was me! It was ME! I PEED ON THE FLOOR" As if my creaking knees would allow such a thing. So I;ve come to accept the whole ritual of the sacrifical cube but now a new sacrifice has cropped up. that is the sacrifice of the envelope.
We have a toner printer at the office and for some unfathomable reason the first envelope of any batch tends to print too small forcing me to ge tup, turn of the printer, turn it back on and try again, all the while muttering threats under my breath, like how I'd like to take it home and have SOMEBODY pee on it. That would show it. Ha! I'm sure there's and easy way to prevent such a sacrifice other than me sticking a sacrifical envelope in first and small print on that over and over.
I suppose it could be worse. At least I'm not an indiginous INCA and therefore not cutting out heart and chopping off heads. the house is messy enough as it is.
I have this week off and hopefully I can unwind from the grind of endless data entry and letter printing. I'm already planning on not leaving the "crap room' ....... Oh God I just realized!!! Ther's polymer clay sacrifice going on in the crap room. Sign.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!
So glad to see you back, Sharon!

I thought I was the only one who lost ice cubes like that.

(shhh, usually kick 'em under the fridge...LOL)

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>