Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It's official

Rocco really is a wonder dog. He was hit by a car Saturday night. The vet says that's what caused his wounds. He has a bruised butt, and belly and a vicious wound that goes nearly to the bone and a few other nicks and scrapes and that's it The vet couldn't believe it and justkept telling me over and over again that Rocco was such a lucky dog. He also told Rocco that he, Rocco, was lucky to have a smart mother. It seems that I did everything right , down to making sure Rocco drank and checking the color of his pee. Oh and cleaning the wounds and laying on the neosporin. Rocco spends most of his time asleep but about three times a day he starts 'singing' and then eventually gets to his feet and heads for the door where I follow him around the yard hoping for poop. We're supposed to monitor him closely and that's the only bodily function he hasn't done yet though he acts as if he needs to. The vet said milk and dulcolax will help him go. I feel like a voyeur following him around the yard and staring at his bruised butt. He keeps giving me these embarrased looks over his shoulder and I don't much blame him. With a yard as big as ours, the dogs just go to their spots and do their own thing, without mommy chasing after them with a plastic bag and a scooper.So now I pretend that I'm not staring at his butt and urging the poop elves to do their business so that Rocco can do his. I wonder if there is a saint of poop. It seems that theres a saint for everthing else.
Rocco has always been a vocal dog but now it seems as if he almost has words. He starts telling me something and then ends up singing ending up sounding like some kind of hound chasing who knows what. All he needs to do is just go to the door when he goes out but I suppose a wonder dog can trumpet if he likes. after all... it is a wonder that we still have him.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Vyx said...

Getting hit by a car is no joke, I'm glad that Rocco is doing so well so far!

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>