Sunday, March 19, 2006

Life has been ho hum

A good thing for me, not so good for my blog and my journal. The Husband was away working on his properties for three days last week. He took the postage stamps with him so younger son couldn't mail out the mailings that he does for the Husband. I womanned the office for those days and if we got 10 calls a day it was a lot. I may, however, gotten us a paying client. It would be my first. Can't shine too much don't want the Husband up to his mean tricks again.
So what did I do in the office alone? Enjoyed it for one. At times I feel as if I am never alone. I put on a cd and went to work. I cleaned out my desk and noticed that more drawers are full of my toys than offical work stuff. I made seven pairs of earrings, watercolored designs, worked on beading that damned doll that will be the death of me and then un beaded her. I made a couple of pendants to slip over a chain so I can have a variety of necklaces and only need one chain. I cut up some more magazines, worked on my yellow book, decorated a few pages in my written journal, and finished two books. (read them I mean, not wrote them) Oh and I started two letters.
I also had time to consider making and sending my estranged, or maybe just strange will suffice, sister a birthday card and STILL haven't come up with a decision. Oh I had real work to do but I tend to do it so quickly it's only a blip in my day of fun. I'm not even crafted out and spent most of yesterday playing with polymer clay and making canes. Today the Husband and I are going to AC Moore because I need small embroidery hoops for an idea I have and then back to more clay.
We did go grocery shopping yesterday and I found a real deal on beef. When we dragged the groceries in I told older son, the cook, about it and he actually took the package downstairs to show his friends...they all get together to cook. I got five thick steaks, a reasonable sized roast and a roast bigger than Rocco's head all for $20. Some kids praise the stuff their parents buy, my kids praise how much money I DON'T spend. Gotta love a cheapskate.
Maybe I should start to post pictures here. When cable shut our internet off because we couldn't pay the bill and then we ransomed it back, cable thought we were new customers and sent us this itty bitty camera with 900 pages of downloadable instructions. It's the kind you can use as a web cam, not that I would, the world doesn't need to see my cockatoo hairstyle first thing in the morning or the husband wandering around the house without a shirt. At least HIS old man titties don't bounce. I suppose I could attach it to its clip... the camera and not the Husband's titties and carry it with me for when I see those wierd misspelled signs and those wandering apostrophes. But first I'd have to read those 900pages of insturctions and somehow that just seems like work. Something I do my best to avoid. By the way... I just let Rocco in for the 7th time this morning and I've only been up for an hour and a half. Maybe I shoudl just give him his own key.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>