Monday, October 30, 2006

Many snouts make any job easier

My internet has been a yoyo up and down a lot lately and I couldn't write.
I'm trying desperately to divert myself because as I was leaving today I was told that the pigs are being removed from the farm tonight and I didn't get to say goodbye. This is really really hard on me because I know what lies in store for some and if I could I would take my Dotty home with me.
But as I said, I am trying to divert myself and so I will catch up on farm doings.
Let's see.
Friday was so cold, I was surprised that I didn't have to chase the chaperones out from under the warming lights. They all bundled the kids up really well but here comes those tippity tip tip tap kind of mothers wearing heels or just sweaters, or their pearls, trying to be ever so dainty. Hard to be dainty when your lips are blue and you are shaing so hard that you could churn milk into butter. As for me, had I put on one layer of clothes my plaintive cry would have been "I can't move my arms!!!"
However the pigaleenies absolutely loved the cold and I actually watched mom Queenie kick up her heels in an abbreviated mother's dance of joy. But the best fun was having the piglets join in in spreading their shavings aroudn the pen. All I had to do was hold the top of the bag and their shakings spread the sahvings evenly. They looked at it as some kind of game and I was laughing so hard I woulf have squirted coke out of my nose, had I been drinking coke. The bag might have been fun but the best time was had as they ran around playing keep away with some hat. I have no idea where they got the hat or what happened to it later but they had a grand old time playing like puppies.
One little girl because very concerned when I had mentioned that I hadn't had lunch. She offered me her snacks, her nutritious snacks, so that I wouldn't be hungry. I was touched but turned it down since the husband would be taking me to lunch after that day at the farm.
Of course each day I visited my favorite pig Dottie to paly the water bottle game or the see if you can grab my shirt. As much as I'm going to miss the pigs I know she'll finally be out of that cramped pen and able to romp with her 13 little ones. God I hope they keep Dottie on the farm. The alternative makes me want to throw my head back and howl.
I have no idea what I'll be doing tomorrow without the pigaleenies. With my luck I'll be stuck in with the ninja assasin geese or even worse, shudder, the chickens. Two more days of the farm and then back to the office with the husband. I wonder how long it will take for the smell of pig to wash out of my hair. ---me---

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your Internet is working again...I thought I had lost you.

I wonder if the pigaleenies know how loved they are. Even if some of them wind up as Christmas Dinner, they will have known love. And don't tell me they wouldn't know the difference. They could have butted you and bitten you. But they sensed you loved them, I am sure. And, they loved you back. That's why they played games with you.

I loved these daily pig posts.
Thanks for letting me live it with you.

Signed,
ThePeruser

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>