Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Heart of a Lion

I know I've talked about little dog Ollie. Ollie is a Shitsu/Powderpuff mix and so adorable that anyone who looks at him immediately says Ahhhhhh. Ollie is all of 15 pounds and will be nine this year. His big brother Mutley died two summers ago and now he has a new brother, Rocco the wonder dog. Rocco of the knuckleheaded behavior and the gaping wound. Rocco is a bull terrier something mix and built like a dump truck. To explain Rocco the best, the first thing the vet said about him on his first vet visit was "What a funny face".
Rocco swaggers. Ollie swaggers, too, but it somehow loses its impact with his teddy bear baby ewok look.

Rocco and Ollie have a dog friend, one of the ugliest dogs I have ever seen. The dogs name is Knuckles and since he somewhat resembles Rocco I assume they have the same lineage somewhere along the line. They all have a good time playing till today when Knuckles headed my way as I was coming through the front gate. The next thing I know, Rocco and Knuckles are trying to tear each other apart. I'm talking a true down and drity tear your face off kind of fight. I'm standing there flailing away at them with the smallish plastic suitcase I take to work with me (it carries my stamping supplies) screaming at them to stop. As I'm fruitlessly whacking whomever I can reach, Ollie comes flying around the side of the house snapping at any part of Knuckles he can grab, protecting his little brother (who happens to be four times his size) the best he can. He stayed in the midst till I finally knocked some sense into the two dogs and they broke apart. I ordered Knuckles home and he went. Rocco came to me, mouth foaming, flecks of blood on his face and Ollie anxiously circled Rocco to make sure he was ok. Ollie has never realised that he's so small. I hope he never does. Anyone with the heart of a lion should be treated as such. All bow to his majesty Ollie the brave.

Rocco is ok, he has a few scrapes but I have cream left form his big wound and some antibiotics so he'll be just fine. As for me... something like that makes me want to eat and entire bag of dark choclate m&m's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>