Saturday, December 02, 2006

Tis the season to go shopping

Dear Peruser,
We went Christmas shopping yesterday and a good time was not had by all. I hate to shop, unlike those commercials that try to convince you that all women want to do is shop for shoes, nor do I have shoes out the wazoo. I have maybe three pairs not counting the gaudy pink rubber boots I bought at a thrift store. I can spend, maybe, and hour in a store and then I'm done. As for Malls.... no way. We are ten minutes from this huge sprawling Mall called Arundel Mills and have only visited it 3 times. That was even before I tired as quickly as I do now. So Christmas shopping is not a thrill and I'll have to go out because I didn't get everything that I wanted. And, as with other Christmases, i picked out my presents. The husband will hide them in his den and then give them to me christmas morning still in their store bags. It should make me angry, but it breaks my heart. No one loves surprise gifts more than me but each year I know everything I'm getting and receive it unwrapped. As for my birthday that follows tradition. It's ignored and then the Husband will say to me, later that I got jipped for my birthday. Each year I get jipped each year he says that same thing. I did tell him not long ago that if, he ignores my birthday that's alright but if he mentions one word about me being jipped I'm gonna hit him upside the head. HARD!
I'll push that firmly behind me for I must tell you I've been crafting up a storm lately and actually like what I'm creating. Usually I always feel as if something is missing but lately I've gotten things just perfect to my eyes. Woo ho. Of course with a crafting frenzy comes a mes in the craft room also known as Mount Messmore and I need to do an odd hop stretch skip kind of dance to negotiate the piles and make my way to my desk chair. I usually manage the trip without the aid of sherpas or mountain climbing equipment though I could swear I saw a mountain goat on one of the poeaks of scrapbooking paper.
And speaking of nonexistant sitings....
I believe I've told you about the voices at the office. It's a very old builing with a basement that would do nicely as Dracula's crypt. In fact, that's what I call it. The walls of this very old basement is make of huge boulders and rocks with a dirt floor. Now just recently on Ghosthunters I learned how certain rock properites can capture sound and lock it away in the rock until the weather of some other something releases the sound. For some time, when I'm the first onein the building during a wet day I hear the voices. It just sounds like a group of people at a party, or perhaps a wake as the building was once a country club and then a funeral home until its latest reincarnation. And if it is really wet I have heard footsteps coming up the stairs and the occasional sound of a closing door, while I am the only person in the place. It doesn't scare me because I don't get the creepy ghoulie feeling that I get entering a haunted spot.
We had a hum dinger of a storm a couple of weeks ago, so hard and bad that he office building started to leak. Water rushed in through lighting figures and vents in the ladies and mens' rooms on the first floor and where the old builing is attached to the new building the water ran right down the wall. I was alone in the building and called the owner who was just home from the hospital so he was sending the church people out to see what was going on. The first floor is a church on Sundays.
So I waited and was reading when I hear a knocking and go to investigate. One of the church ladies was knocking on the door to the little closet sized room off the second floor landing. I introduced myself and she told me that she needed to speak to the person working in that room.
When I told her that there was no one in that room she insisted that she hear dsomeone typing and the sound of rustling papers. Now this room contains a copier, a minifridge and a door into the second floor bathroom. There is no room in that room to type or flutter papers not to mention the fact that I was the only person in the building. The woman kept insisting and I made the mistake of telling her it was just the 'voices'. Well you would have thought that I had introduced myself as Frankenstein's wife. This woman backed away from me groping for the crusifix about her neck. Sigh. I was just trying to reassure her that she wasn't insane and now I'm known as the nut on the third floor.
And on that note I'll close. Love ya. --me------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>