Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Of Pharoah heads and anniversaries



The Husband and I have been married for 36 years today. We don't do anything to celebrate simply because 36 years seems like an obscene number of years for anyone to do anything, let alone live with another person without killing them, at least once.
As if it isn't obvious, the picture above is our wedding portrait. You know the big ass one that hangs in your living room. Yes, there I am, butt in the air for 36 years. Should the husband try a move like that nowadays, he would first have to rent a crane to get me into the air. So happy anniversay us and WHAT WERE WE THINKING?

On to pleasanter things. Have you seen the new Saturn commercial with the shiny faced woman who looks as if she had never eaten in her entire life. You could slice cheese with her nose and those cheekbones.... but but but... whenever I look at her, all I can think of is that she looks like the mummified head of King Tut. No fooling. King Tut! The men agree with me and not one of them thought it odd that I even KNEW what King Tut's mummified head looks like. But then when younger son would be hangin out with friends and a question would come up like is an aardvark and an anteater the same thing, they didn't even bother going to the internet, or calling the library, nope Casey would call me and I never had to look an answer up. I have no idea how all that stuff got into my head. I'm figuring that any time now, I'll be running out of room and stuff with be dribbling out of my ears. Maybe I shold invest in a pair of corks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>