Friday, July 24, 2009

The queen of cheap

A question on one of the lists I am on, led me to thinking about my eventual demise. As I get older I know the time is coming and I want things to go smoothly for the men.

And so... being the queen of cheap... I have found a way to have my body dealt with for free. It's this site
http://www.anatomicgift.com/ Which happens to be a hop skip and a jump away from me AND if I donate my organs and tissues to them (I'm an organ donor anyway, my driver's license says so)I get cremated for free. They even pick up the body for free. I mean come on now. How much better can it get than FREE!

I'm not being ghoulish or gory or fatalistic. But we all die, unless you are a ficitonal character or are so famous you will always be remembered while, in its own way is a form of immortality, why throw money away in sticking me in the ground in a casket with all that other nonsense. In Maryland, you don't even need to be in a casket to be cremated. Just wrapped in a sheet with a wad of papers under your bottom to keep the fluids from leaking out and that's it. Cardboard caskets can be gotten for as little as $75.00, but still.... FREE cremation.

Just at lunch, the husband and I were talking about how to save money, how to conserve and cut down which is something we have always done, if not from choice.It must be horrible for these people losing their jobs now with no idea that you can throw some cooked rice into a meat loaf or sloppy joes to extend the servings or take whatever leftover meats and veggies you have, throw them on a tortilla, add salsa and cheese make yourself a quesadilla. Or to shop at thrift shops or be grateful for hand me downs. Oh and if someone offers you something for free, take it even if you don't need it, you will find someone who will.

But back to my death. I suppose I should let the relatives know that this is what I'm planning so they aren't all up in arms that there is no funeral, nor an urn until, at least the tissue harvesters are done with me. Maybe I could write a statement, i'll come up with something. So a free cremation. Come on people. Beat that for cheapness.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bucky said...

I recently experience this. My brother died indigent without any arrangments. I found a company called MedCure who took care of everything with no cost; and my brother was able to give a wonderful gift to advance medical research. His remains were returned to me in a nice heart-shaped, biodegradable container.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>