Sunday, October 04, 2009

Close but no cigar

The husband and I went to brunch on Friday and then I went to AC Moore. Part of having our own business, ou can sneak away like this. Anyhow the husband is waiting in the car reading a book. I come bopping out of the store and am settling myself in the car when I look up and who do I spy heading out way? EVIL VOODOO WOMAN! I kid you not. We haven't heard from her since July and not only is she in the AC Moore parking lot when we thought she was living half an hour away but HER CAR WAS PARKED RIGHT NEXT TO THE HUSBAND'S!!!!
Holy crap a needies. I squirched about on me seat and semi whispered to the husband..."Is that Evil voodoo woman (though I did use her name)" he looks up, goggles out the windsheild and the next thing I know we are getting the hell out of dodge. The husband was in such a hurry to get away that he didn;t readjust his seat and so was driving with his tippie toe because that was all he could reach.
Evil Voodoo woman had a dark tan and she looked rather raggedy. She had cut that hair of hers and had drawn on her eyebrows a bit higher and, at first, the husband wasn't certain that it was her...she?... but I knew it was because she was glaring as she headed toward her car. Jeez. I wonder if someone slammed a door somewhere. I think it was her boyfriend who was with her, but he sort of bobbed along in her wake. She didn't look at him or speak to him. But what are the chances that not only would she be in that parking lot but that she would be parked next to us.
It was good seeing her in a way. The husband said she and Mr. Bob Along headed for the new chinese buffet place and things couldn't be that dire for them anymore if they could afford chinese buffet and that he could finally stop worrying about her. Which is good.
Now if we could only get rid of the lebanese woman who has decided that she is going to work with/for us but first she has to dust the whole office because she is allergic to dust and wheat... something she's told us no fewer than two dozen times in a matter of two afternoons. But I am keeping my mouth shut and being good... yes I can be good... and hope this resolves itself without lebanese curses being hurled at our heads. Such is life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>