Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The nicest woman in the world.

Paying it forward does work even when you weren't planning for it.
Older son is back to laying carpet and he said that, today they met the nicest woman in the world. She gave each of them a bottle of water, made them ham sandwiches for lunch with a beer and at the end of the day gave them each a $10.00 tip. And then older son stopped for a moment and said that it was like me and the guys who installed our pool. I did the same except we had koolaid and I didn't do it for pay back but itis nice to know that sometimes you really do seem to pay it forwARD.

Earlier in the day we were in WalMart ugh and I was looking for a sketch book for myself when I got cornered by a rather flustered mother asking me what a pad of drawing paper was. Huh? Wha? How about a pad of paper that says drawing paper? She wanted to know if it was computer paper, then tracing paper, then news print and I kept trying to help but she wasn;t listening just muttering something about drawing paper. I ade my escape only to have her corner someone else with the question of drawing paper. My answer was there was none since all of that kind of stuff as well as the sketch book spots were empty. This Walmart sucks at stocking their shelves and will probably be out of sketch books etc till after Christmas.
But drawing paper lady is probably like the flying dutchman, forever patrolling the Walmart aisles instead of the seas uttering the plaintive cry of drawing paper, is this drawing paper. A pad of drawing paper.

Sigh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>