Monday, August 17, 2009

Plus

The husband had his birthday last week and he is offically a plus as is 60+. Which means, he's not the skinny young kid I first married. In fact, the other day, while he was futzing with putting air in his car tires it hit me that he was becoming a little old man. The kind of 'god love him' little old man. Only he doesn't see himself as such. Then I got to wondering, if he really IS a little old man. I mean he doesn't wear black socks and dress shoes with his shorts, nor does he hike his pants up till they look as if they start right below the armpits and gives the wearing a peculiar Humptey Dumptey kind of look. Nor does the husband use the flip up sunglass things on his glasses, or stand, mouth open and oblivious in the smack dap center of a supermarket aisle forcing everyone else to wait till he decides to move on. While the sons refer to him as 'The Old Fart' he sees those his age or older as old farts.

Now the husband isn't totally oblivious to the advance of years even if he does call his liver spots, freckles. REALLY BIG FRECKLES... but freckles none the less and, The Husband, repeatedly finds some old guy in the mirror each morning, one the old lady that's in my mirror goes away.

We've been married forever and while it hasn't always been smoothe we have stuck together as if with a crazy glue. I think er even ended up raising each other. So I guess I'll keep the Old Plus but I have no intention of stopping my teasing of him, reminding him that he is a whole FOUR YEARS older than me. After all, he IS the Old Fart and don't you forget it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>