Monday, September 21, 2009

If you can't beat them...

DIVERT THEM! I have ants. No not in my pants but in the craft room. To be more specific on the desk in the craft room. The arrive every spring and depart every fall and I'll be damned if I know where they come from. If I saw a trial leading off someplace I could follow it and block it off but no... no trail... no clue... except these teensy weeny pizzy ants as we called them when I was a child. These pizzies crawl all over the desk and all over me and if youo squish one, phew. THEY STINK!

I've boric acided powdered them, I used spray ant kill (phew), Lemon scented linen spray and my old standby spray deodorant. It slows them down, kills some but not enough. It has gotten so bad that I have left the spider who has woven her web In and among storage on my desk alone, even tho I am VERy allergic to spider bites. Anmd still the pizzies keep coming.

BUT U gave come up with a solution of sorts... I spill a bit of soda on a small plate and shove it to the very left of the desk/ The pizzies come along, drink their fill run off with whatever's in their mouth and the never go beyond that plate. I'd rather have them gone but instead of driving myself even more crazy than I am, I now divert them..... and pray for the first frost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>