Thursday, December 31, 2009

Whew survived 2009

So far.
It's been a helluva year and I can't believe I made it through.
Our house is still our house but it is still a schedule.
The husband is diabetic, we just found out, and now I have to learn a whole new way for him to eat because, even before this when we are at a restaurant and the server asks him what he wants he always looks to me as if I was carrying his brain around in my pocket. In truth most of the time he doesn't know WHAT he does or doesn't like. So now I'll be factoring diabetes into all of that....sigh.

Since I am trying to hold myself together I just look at the day before me and no further than that. I make no resolutions because I Know I would never keep it and who needs one more thing to fail at?

Enough of the serious crap.

We were in an amish market the other day and over the loudspeaker came a voice saying that they needed a mop and a muppet at the bakery. I assumed that they would take one of the hairier muppets because, really, how much liquid could Kermit suck up. And with kermit being a frog wouldn't he be wet to start with? So I'm standing there thinking maybe Grover or Animal
when the husband realizes that I had gone off on one of my flights of fancy and leans over and asks me what I heard. Seems they didn't need a mop and muppet at the bakery, they only needed a mop and bucket. Talk about bursting my balloon. I was all ready to watch muppets at work but buckets at work are no fun.

Fibro can be fun!

It snowed again last night. Not much but enough to make things white. I just hope no rain follows because our basement flooded last week and we do not want to do that again.

The flood, in its way was funny. The water came in through the basement door when the drain froze over. Older son said he was laying in bed half asleep when he heard little dog splashing his way toward him and then whine at him to wake up. Seems that Little Dog Ollie came to tell older son that we had had a flood. Both sons were furious, of course, to start but by the middle of the day, I'd hear the younger son yell "Marco!" And the other son answer "Polo!". They were on the look out for the Loch Graff monster, talked about fishing and while they did lose some things, they have bounced back well. Even the curmodgeon son.

Little dog Ollie scared us with butt tumors. How come I had never heard that an un=neutered male dog could develop such tumors? Little dog Ollie is 12 but has never acted his age. Since we had him neutered and the tumors removed, he's a spicy little buster who has reverted to puppyhood. Talk about spit and vinegar. He and Rocco the Wonder Dog love playing in the snow. Rocco put his head down and plunges forward like a snow plow with Ollie leaping along behind him much like a dolphin in the ocean. Its hysterical watching the two of them and heaven help any other dog or truck that thinks just because there is snow that the hounds of hell are slacking off. Nope plowhead and leaper are on the job raising hell.

Guess that's it for now. Happy New year.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo, is simply excellent idea

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>