Sunday, May 28, 2006

Remarkable people

Dear Peruser,
I know some of the most remarkable people and yet if I were to pass them on a city street I wouldn't recognise them. I Belong to an email list that really saved my life when I worked with the idiots at the library. When my co workers got to me I'd run to the list and ther goings on always managed to make me smile. SOmetimes it made me mad and steam would come shooting out of my ears, but it always diverted me AND when I was going through a blue period I was suddenly getting raks (Randoms Acts of Kindness) nearly every day that made me feel like a princess.

When I first joined the list they were holding a fling. I had no idea what a fling was and didn't participate. I discovered after some reading that one of our list members mobile scooter thingie (named Rubberta.. the scooter not the list member) had been creamed by a motorist and a new scooter was needed immediately. The fling was basicly a raffle. Anyone and it seemed everyone donated goodies and then bought raffle tickets to win those goodies. A good time was held by all AND Rubberta II was purchased.

I have no idea how long ago that was but every now and again, whenit is really needed we have another fling and this time I do participate. We now have a list member in dire circumstances and in a moment another fling is on. People are already pledging prizes, others want to send cards not only to the list member, who is paralysed and whose husband just died but also her daughter and sister who are dealing with all of this. In fact the sister was just fired from her job because she took family sick leave to be with her sister.

What I still find the most amazing, despite my decade or more on the list is how these people care for each other. It's not a list, it's a family. We share highs and lows and ins and outs. We know each other without ever having to meet each other and the rare times we do meet there is laughter and happiness and presents all around. And we talk and talk and talk, girlfirends catching up. And then, when I think that there is no more goodness and kindness left in the world, these angels flock together and show me how wrong I am. I consider myself blessed.
Love. ---Sharon---

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rubberta thanks you, all these 8 years later.......she and her Mommy have been blessed to have friends such as you.
Signed,
ThePeruser

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>