Monday, December 18, 2006

No Ho Ho

I asked that one of my Christmas presents be a surprise. I'm frankly tired of knowing what I'm going to take out of the bag Christmas morning and pretending that the prices are still attached. One surprise. So today the Husband calls me from the road to bitch at me that my surprise present is sold out and "He'll HAVE (heavy on the long suffering emphasis) to think of SOMETHING ELSE (Martyr time)." Can you imagine MY audacity to want a gift that was a surprise and HE had to do it. I mean come on, after all he's done to prepare for the holiday... like um... buying eggnog and uh buying eggnog. All fo this while I sat on y behind and shopped, baked decorated and handmade all my Christmas cards as I carried all those empty scummy egg nog glasses to the sink and gather up the chip and pretzel bags from my half of the couch so I had someplace to sit. I've also wrapped all the presents and nudged the sons to tell me what they wanted. But he has to go out and BUY ME A SURPRISE gift, heavy sigh dripping with self pity.

So I made it easier on him and told him to STUFF it.

And not in a stocking either.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Santa's going to add you to the Naughty list if you're not careful....right behind Michael.

Signed,
ThePeruser

3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>