Friday, March 09, 2007

Stick a fork in me, I'm done

Money problems yet again and, as always, there is a deal hovering about that we cannot grasp and thus end our troubles. I'm Half resigned to the fact that I will spend the last part of my life living in a box somewhere but I can't stand to watch my husband fail once again. All he has ever wanted is to be successful and it has always danced right beyond his grasp. I feel so badly for him I want to lay down and pull the blankets over my head and not get up again.
I don't want to be rich. I want to be comfortable. I want to know that we can buy food, pay the younger son's salary and pay our bills. I don't need a fancy car or glamorous clothes. I need some peace of mind. I need to know that we will be alright. Even more, I need for the Husband to be a success. Not just for me but for him. He tries so hard and he takes care of us so well, it breaks my heart to see him start to realize that he may be a failure. At least a failure in his eyes. He'll never be a failure in mine.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're the best woman I know.

Signed,
ThePeruser

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>