Thursday, March 01, 2007

Tax time in the office

Since I'm the one in the office who knows how to use the computer (A clever ploy on the husband's part if you ask me), I get to be 'SHE WHO MUST INPUT" This goes along with my other title of 'SHE WHO IS ORGANISED'. Put the two of them together and guess who is stuck gathering tax information to feed into turbo tax. Now it isn't as bad as it could be. I knew this day was coming ever since Michael let evil voodoo woman go and then she and the husband spent four Saturday's doing the taxes. I thought I had this horrendous pile o' work to do and I was driving myself crazy. And then I learned that I have most of it done, since I've been recording the busines' expenses all along instead of waiting till the last minute. Then I hit a snag. The rental pooperties. I meant properties but today they are definitely pooperties.
These three rental properties were the husband's idea. They do bring us a positave cash flow but that was before one of the properties was condemned do to a falling down porch. Well, the porch was condemned but then the city was kind enough to condemn the whole house which meant that the tenants who weren't paying their rent because they said the house was dangerous had to leave. This is the tenant who, when the husband took her to renter's court to evict her for non payment of rent, told the judge the house was unsafe and that was why she wasn't paying the rent. The new paint in the house was making her son and husband sick because they are alergic to latex paint despite the fact that she's the one who bought the paint and painted the rooms black. We had fresh white paint trhoughout.
I'm wandering.
So the husband decided to fix up the house properly and replaced all the rugs, the window, the doors and who knows what all else. In fact everything was done so well that we now have a buyer for the place with us holding the mortgage and a more positive cash flow. All well and good but now I have grease stained receipts for things I can't even begin to imagine. I'm sure the guys at 84 lumber know what pcpvc elconduit is but it has me scratching my head. Is it repair or capital investment. AAArrrg.
Now we throw into the mix, the renters rental history which is scribled on the back of envelopes and on a runing list with dates, red marks and running totals that the husband might understand but it is only so much hieroglyphs to me. I swaer I am slowly plucking myself bald.
I'm perservering. Now I have to get the husband to sit down with me and stay off the phone. I'm thinking about super gluing his butt to a chair and not letting him up until it is all done.
And then we got a snot o gram as a response to one of our letters and I must admit I fell into temptation and snot o grammed him right back. I'm not usually like that but there are some days when I have had enough.
I came home to find the older son making chili for dinner, complete with texas toast and stuffed potato skins and then Rocco the wonder dog grabbed his stuffed gorilla, Eloise Matilda, and dragged her into the living room where they had some sweet monkey love, even though gorillas are apes and not monkeys. Ahh swet monkey love.
t she who gets to imput everything into

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>