Monday, December 10, 2007

It's beginning to sound a lot like Christmas...

I was in a dollar store browsing in my favorite pen/paper aisle. When suddenly I hear this ruckus coming from the direction of the checkouts. Two women skreiking at each other. But not only that, there was a flurry of noise and voices and all I could think of was how it sounded like a bunch of chickens. Upset one chicken and the rest has to join in, a bunch of busy bodies clucking and flapping. I stayed put. Usually I'm the type to ride in on my white horse but I said screw it this time and challanged the woman next to me to an arm wrestling bout. She declined telling me that she left her arm wrestling arm at home. (I liked that woman) Suddenly the noise was over and down my aislel comes this big sloppy looking woman with unwashed hair in stained stretched to the limit once white stretch pants and a bright orange shirt that proclaimed "Escapee from the mental ward. NSS (no shit sherlock) She was still flupping and fussing and muttering about the confrontation throwing a lot of f'n bitches around. I kept my eyes firmly on the pens. But I did discover what started the mess. Ready. One woman looked at the other. Holy moley, I just dare, dare someone to step on my shadow or breathe the air I'm breathing. There are limits.

And to think. I haven't even started Christmas shopping. I wonder what other adventures await me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>