Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Vogue

So not only am I missing thre origami gene and the collage gene but I think the girly girl gene whizzed right past me without so much as a pause.
I went to the library today and snagged a Vogue magazine for a quarter. Not that I read Vogue (the girly girl part) but rather to use it for collage, etc. So I'm paging through this big honking magazine and page past page after page after page of empty eyed poses in a variety of poses,most of which look uncomfortalbe. And the clothes. Think rag bag with draggly floppy clthes and hair that looks like rats have been living in it. And the poses. Many are spread legged women who woul dhave Miss Manners rolling inher grave. Ladies don't sit with their legs spread like that! Nor do they lay in a clump and tickle another's nipple. Whew. There were even some poses that made my body ache just to look at them. And others that just looked awkward. I mean who walks like that. Bent knee, leg stretched out as far as it can go and the other foot looking as if it were hauling itself out of goo.
However for as uncomfortable and unflattering the poses and clothes were it was the faces of the model that I found creepy. There is nothing in those eyes. I mean nothing. Even when they are looking directly at the camera there was nothing. It wasn't just the dead white makeup and the pale mouths and eyelashes, unless you count the one who had eyes the size of coconuts and so heavily ringed that those eyes stood out even more. There was even a model made up to look like a mannequin and she had more life to her than the others.
Now I know that the models are supposed to be showcasing the clothes but shouldn't there be, at least a spark of life deep inside someplace? Makes me think they all need a spaghetti dinner and a popscicle. Or maybe I need the spaghetti and popscicle.
So backto the girly girl part. People actually spend money (other than a quarter I mean) for this magazine? It certainly can't be for the articles, they are about as empty as the models' eyes. Can it be for the clothes that would be a monster to wash or the purses the size of laundry bags? I just don't get it. Hence the lack of girly girl gene. Which makes me even more thankful that I had only sons.
That's my rant for today. I did find some cool pics to rip out and have more entries for my yellow book. I have a sketch book full of yellow (my favorite color) and I had just finished gluiong everything in just yesterday. So now I have more. Amazing how unpopular yellow seems to be for stuff.
But yellow makes me smile...isn't that what's important? ---me---

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever makes you smile is what's important.

Signed,
ThePeruser

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>