Friday, June 09, 2006

Random Acts of Gravity

Dear Peruser,
I fell yesterday. I was heading out the door of my studio and down I went with a crash and a bang. The husband called in from the living room wanting to know what the noise was. I shouted back that I fell and then there was silence. I suppose the husband was thinking. I could almost see him with that squinting semi-vacant look of his as he ponders the ramifications of me falling. Meanwhile my big toe on my right foot was screaming at me. My head was smack against the door frame and a scrape on the BACK of my leg burned. Finally the husband's thinking was thought and he wanted to know if I wanted help. I'm wobbly at the best of times when joint refuse to unbend but was stubborn enough to think that if he didn't come to my resuce immediately, the hell with him. ANd then before I could answer I heard someone coming down the hallway. Husband? Nope, Rocco the Wonder Dog who raced to the doorway and stood staring at me his forehead wrinkled in concentration. THinking of it now, he looked a lot like the Husband does when he's figuring stuff out. Rocco looked at me and all I said is 'I can't get up' and the next thing I know he's under me somehow and I'm pushing myself up.
My toe hurts like hell and is as purple as an eggplant. I hobbled aroudn the office barefoot all day. My fingers hurt and my head and the scrape on the back of my leg is nearly black with bruise, both knees are scraped and bruised as well and the husband reminded me of something. Where I fell last night is the same spot where I fell off the ladder to the attic one Christmas season. I was halfway down that ladder when I suddenly swung outward as if pushed and then down because that damned gravity always has to work. So now the Husband thinks that there is "Something" in that spot. (cue twilight zone music) I think I've been telling him about the ghost shows I've been watching a bit too much. I figureit's just gravity's fault. After all, if it wasn't for gravity I could possibly actually fly like I do in my dreams.
Speaking of dreams it's time for bed. Sleep well and keep an eye open for that gravity thing. It's deadly. ---me---

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

new name for you, old name Daddy always gave us when WE fell a lot.... Yup, you're a KLUTZ!

Signed,
ThePeruser

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no...I hope you feel better. Falling and having only the dog come and help is knowing that Rocco is your angel and savior. I think you have a spirit living in your house. I lived in a haunted home when I was a teen. The spirit was good but sad spirit and we had a lot of odd things happen but the spirit never tried to hurt us. When we sold the house and moved the spirit pushed an old lady down the stairs and the old lady never went back to the house.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>