Thursday, June 22, 2006

I try hard to be good

Dear Peruser,
What an awful day, The Husband has been in a mood lately where he needs to put me down whenever we are around new clients and is very short with me the rest of the time. He has that tone of voice that sounds like he's adding the words "Dumb Shit" every time he finishes speaking even though he never actually says the words. Considering all he does is talk on the phone at work while I do the rest, he has no right. He can't even change the fax toner. Then at lunch with the face painting farm people it was shown that I talk too much and make people forget what they were going to say when in truth most of the time everyone just sat staring at each other. Still I take these things to heart.
We then took little dog Ollie to the vet. It's 95 degrees with 300% humidity and I get to hold Ollie who, somehow, manages to scale me as if I were some hot sweaty mountain, pulling an earring out of my ear as he went.
It wasn't good vet news. Ollies back legs are paralysed. No bruises, bumbs, breaks, nothing. It's nerve damage. Something that cannot be easily repaired. So now Ollie is on prednesone, and a muscle relaxer and is on mandatory cage rest. We take him back to the vet on Monday but by the look on the vet's face....sigh... we may be saying goodbye to Ollie.
Well we didn't have a cage so we had to go to Wal Mart and buy one. In the meantime the HUsband was again nasty to me, making me feel even more stupid then insisted on going with me so we could spend some time together. HUH? WHy would he want tp be with Stupid Woman.
So off to Wal Mart and then I park only to have some irate woman cuss me out as I got out of the car. Seems I stole her spot but she was beyond the spot with no signals so how was I to know.
That was it I had enough. I met her inthe next row flagged her down and told her that if she had used her signals I would have known her intentions. She claimed I KNEW what she wanted. I asked her how and then she got really nasty fn bitching me and all of that. Then I spotted the cross she had hanging from her rear view mirror. I looked her right into her righteous f mouthin face and asked her that she used that language with a cross A CROSS hanging in her car and she should be ashamed of herself.
I don't act like that but that woman, I will not lower myself to her level, was the last straw. The husband stared at me with eyes huge. I was on a roll and told turned to him and growled. "One word, just one word." The husband has behaved himself since and while I think I was justified to face that woman, I can't help think that I should just have let it go. But I may have to put my Ollie to sleep and with a heart rapidly breaking HOW CAN I be nice.
Then I took myself to AC Moore while Older son Ollie sat and bought myself a circle cutter that I wanted but couldn't decide if I wanted fiskars one or the making memories one and chose the mm one because I thought it would be easier on my aching hands (did I mention I have been in pain for weeks, and not just because of my bunged up toe) only it's a pain to use and I make ovals and not circles.
Even with central air I am so hot and humid you could actually wring me out.
Well the husband gave me tomorrow so I can play ICU with Ollie and I can only hope tomorrow will be better. Maybe I"ll be able to figure out how to actually make a circle with the circle thing. I certainly can't take it back. What would I say. I"m sorry, I have to return this. I'm an idiot and can't use it properly. NOpe I'll just have to live in the land of lopsided circles. ---me---

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's try to think that the bad behavior in Cross Lady and TheHusband might be a result of the 300% humidity.
THAT would be a good way to explain it away....

But, still...let's pray for them....they need it more than we do, obviously.

I pray for you and Ollie, as well.

Signed,
ThePeruser

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot humid weather and bad behavior go hand in hand but not something that is acceptable. Glad you put the woman in her place. My prayers to you and Ollie this evening.

Hugs---

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>