Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Little Flower GIve Me Power

Dear Peruser,
This may get a little complicated but, eventually I will get to the point. Only it'll probably be plunted like th epointy end of your favorite colored pencil but it will be there.
We have a client that I sort of adopted. The Husband thinks she's a pain and he "scares the hell out of" her. Her quote as you can see. In fact, there has been times when she has begged him not to be mean to her because she can't take it and will commit suicide. The Husband dismisses her as a scatterbrain but I understand. and he does scare the hell out of people. Anyway this client is in her sixties and was faced with losing her house. The only way she could save it was to declare bamkruptcy, the one where she pays off her debt. She's screwed up a couple of times and I have taken pity on her and accompanied her to court as moral support. Right now she's preparing to refinance her house so she can pay everyone off and still have equity in her house. She may even get a new used car out of it.
Ok so we were talking on the phone and I told her about the glass trick to find lost things. She told me about a mantra for success. "Little Flower Give Me Power". The Little Flower is a saint, Theresa of someplace or other. Theresa I should know from where because I went to seven years of elementary school called THE Shrine of THE Little Flower and heaven help you if you missed a single the.
Things got desperate last week. So desperate that the younger son's lawyer even offered to LEND us money to pay son's fine. We were running out fo food, the mortgages are late (even the ones on the investment property) the husband's car died, younger son had no food and no money to buy food so we scrounged in my freezer for food for him. It was dreadful.
So I "Little Flower Give Me Power"ed.
Geez I wish I knew about that sooner.
We got one new client last week and the Husband got all the back rents from his tenants plus got a new tenant for one of the houses.
We got payment for an over due invoice for someone,
Son didn't have to go to jail for a weekend or two.
We got two more appointments for clients this week.
I got approved for a new credit card with a balance higher than $300.
I got a personal loan out of nowhere that will pay all the outstandings till we can sell one of the houses.
The husbandmade a contact with a guy who will not only refer clients to us but investors as well because the guy has too many investors.
The son only had to see his probation officer once a month and not every week.
I was able to buy food and pay the son two paychecks. Of course we owe him three times that, which is why he had run out of money.
And now we have two more people who want to go with us but who haven't yet made an appointment.
The Little Flower has been working overtime.
And in cas eyou think we may not be grateful, the husband totals up the amount of money we make each month and sends 10% to Feed the Children. Sometimes it's as little as $20.00 but it's $20.00 and he hates to think of hungry children. So the more we make, the more the kids get.
Maybe just maybe I'll be able to relax for a bit.
Change of subject
What is it about Rocco the Wonder Dog and my underwear. It was creepy enough when I discovered that he has chewed out the crotch area out of every pair of mine he can find but today he heads out of the bedroom with a pair of pink panties flapping along behind him. He had a leg through a leg hole and came gallopping down the hall grinning. I suppose it's a good thing that he didn't go outside. Had those babies caught the wind, the poor dog would have been airborne in no time. THem panties are big girls let me tell you.
Little dog Ollie liked my underwear as well only he just wanted to take them out in the yard with him but had to satisfy himself with socks instead.
I wonder what kind of panties saints wore?
And on that wacked note, I shall close. ---me---

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"When it rains, it pours" someone once said and I have come to believe that that phrase isn't referring to ONLY bad things.
Maybe it means good things, too.
I am SO happy for you, to be getting caught up. Happy for The Son, too.
About them panties...I got some here that would sail the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria!!!

Signed,
ThePeruser

2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>