Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Where does the time go?

Older son will be 26 tomorrow. How is that possible? I think it has something to do with that old lady I see inmy mirror but I'm not certain.
I was without a clue for older son's birthday present. He's not a clothes type of person. Not that he runs around nekkid mind you, but he's happy wearing any old thing as long as it didn't cost much and can just be thrown out when it gets so stained that the wash no longer gets it clean. Any game he wants he's already bought himself and so on. So I got him a string of lights in the shape of the Baltimore Ravens' football helmets. A goofy gift but one has to be goofy now and again. I also made him a birthday card out of one of those wooden box cases that aol cds are mailed in. Just the other day Josh mentioned something about how I can get so excited over something as a flat wooden box. Others would get excited over the disc with a million free aol hours (or whatever it is) but not his mom. She likes the box. And the occasional cool bottle he finds me or any other peice of random treasure (known as junk to those not so well informed) that he always manages to find me. After all he is the son who brought home dumpster candy one January ( all shrink wrapped and sealed into really fancy tin boxes) simply for the boxes though we did eat the very expensive candy inside and there wasn't a single thing wrong with it.
So I've made him a card using the aol box but I added pages and while it's not as creative as some things I've done, it's geared to him as our grillin' king. In fact right now Older son is at younger son's in the city to watch the fireworks at Baltimore's inner harbor. Younger son's house is a block from the water with a perfect view of the fireworks without the crowd. The same crowd that tonight erupted into pockets of fighting.
On a more serious note, Eloise Matilda (the bi Ikea plush gorilla who has taken up residence in our hallway) is fickle. She is now spreading her affections around and has allowed limpy gimpy aka little dog Ollie to sleep with her all day long. I even have a photo of it, if I could only figure out where to plug the digital camera cord into the tall box thing that runs the computer. Yes I am truly NOT computer literate.
I'm still on the outs with the husband till he treats me better but from something the older son said today, I suspect he doesn't bother to listen to any of us. And oooohhh did it tick him off when I played the 'you never told me that' game at work. Which I shall continue tomorrow and until he begins to listen to me. Nasty woman that I am.
My back hurts now and I should go to bed. Want to be well rested for round two of what's good for the goose is good for the gander or "huh? You never told me that!" Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that Goose and Gander stuff....I believe it has been a major force in keeping a lot of marriages alive thru the years.

I also love the Sons and wish I had been so lucky.

Signed,
ThePeruser.

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>