Thursday, July 20, 2006

The saga contiues

Dear Peruser.
It's hot again and the air conditioner is out again. This time it was our doing. It was blowing cool but not cold and the husband wanted to call BGE again to have them come out and fix it. I thought I'd check to see if the vent was open in older son's room and as I walked by the furnace I felt cold air blowing at me. Duct tape had come loose and the foam covering over pipes had split open and everthing was wet with condensation but only in spots that weren't frosted over!!!! So we shut it off to let it cool off and dry and I'm wondering that if there was ise on the outside of the pipe who knew what was inside. Maybe the ice berg that sank the titanic. So once the husband gets home tonight we will be duct taping away. Keep your fingers crossed that we get this repaired once and for all. A new unit will run $5300 because we also need a furnace to go along with it. Yikes.
We were considering refinancing the house to a lower rate only to discover that there is a $7000 penalty for paying off the mortgage early. We knew it was the case but not how much. Good lord. I took younger son to his meeting today and we were both polite to each other at first but then thengs thawed and we were our old selves. That's good. I don't like being on the outs with my sons.
It's too hot to cook and too hot to eat so maybe it'll be salad night tonight, unless older son wants to cook out. We had a driveway full of young men last night bbqing salmon and london broil and all kinds of goodies. We didn't have to contribute anything because it was our grill and our coals etc. I wasn't hungry anyway but it was nice of the guys to give us that dispensation.
Guess that's it. Not much to say.
Oh wait.
Listening to tv while I was doing something else, a commercial came on advertising a shampoo with fecal essence. Poop in a bottle. Just what we all need. Come to find out it was seaweed essence but I swear it sounded like fecal. Aren't you glad you don't live in my head? Love ya. ---me---

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know....living in your head might be quite entertaining. That is unless you caught a cold and sneezed me right out. Sigh....
But then, I could hold onto the creative part of your brain. There's bound to be some ephemera to grab onto, don't you think?
Signed,
ThePeruser

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>