Saturday, July 29, 2006

Whew

Lately it has been too hot to do anything other than sit in front of the fans and pretend that we weren't slowly melting into a puddle of sweat. Our AC was fixed, worked two days then quit. Had the guys out again but had to schedule a guy who does nothing but look for leaks. So we have air conditioning now only have no idea how long it will last. It's been over 90 with humidity in the 1000 percentile...ok maybe I'm exaggerating about the humidity, lets just say that it is high enough that when you sweat it doesn't evaporate on your skin because there is already too much moisture in the air from all those other people sweating. All these damp people molecules floating around. In the midst of the hottest sweatiest day, after I struggled home with groceries and pretended to put them away. Got the cold stuff and half of the other stuff put away before I because so sweaty I thought I'd slide right out of my clothesso I flopped down on the bed, face up, gasping for air when Rocco the wonder dog leaps onto the bed, throws his weight acrtoss my chest and then proceeds to lick my face, the inside of my ears and my hairline free of sweat. Just what I needed. 100 degrees, sweating buckets and a big old dog with hot breath is licking me with a hotter tounge. I must say I felt better once he went outside to bark at something. I suppose it had a lot to do with the 70 pound weight lifted off my chest.
ANd then that night I tried to undress without the world seeing 'the girls' the windows were wide open, the light on so I tired to wiggle my way out of my bra with a t-shirt on only to becaome so well and truely tangled that suddenly my had sprouted outward from the vicinity of my ear and I couldn't wiggle or squirm to save my life. In fact, I actually had a moment there when I thought I would have to spend the rest of my life that way because there was no way I was going to go to the husband and ask him to untangle me. He's been lecturing me over everything I do lately, that is when he's not beating me down verbally, and I knew that I'd much rather look like I have a arm growing from my ear then to go through another verbal battering. I don't know how I did it but I did manage to untangle myself. Whew.
Now it's time for bed in a cool room. Either I've gotten soft from having air conditioning all these years or the globe really is warming up. No one had home air conditioning when I was a kid and we all survived. I don't even remember being hot but I must have been. How could I not? ---me---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>