Thursday, August 10, 2006

Harder than carrying water in your hand

Ok. Maybe the husband and I should have been good people and SAVED the money for vacation instead of getting a home equity thing and using that money. The home equity thing was bad enough but we settled on Saturday and the check was supposed to be over nighted this morning only someone forgot and now it should come in Saturday. If it shows up before noon we are good to go, if not, then we're going on vacation on Monday.
It has taken a herculean effort to get here. Not to mention miles of paper work that had to be faxed and refaxed. I'm surprised they didn't want one of the sons. They seemed to have asked for everything else. Of course they can't wire the money to us but send a check that has to clear only the husband smooged the bank manager and she'll let us have a lump of money before the check clears. Then we have to rent a car and hope when we get to our destination we can fins a place to stay. Since we never thought we'd be able to go on vacation this year there has been no planning. Something that drives me to distraction and back but I'm trying to handle it while still expecting something to screw up. Things usually do screw up
I got my 'come work the farm this fall ' letter yesterday and the husband says I can even though I am full time in his office. I just lopve those pigs and love any excuse to get dirty so it's a perfect match. I will be more careful this year, no boar goar or rampaging mother sow though that was rather cool all things considered. This will be my thrid year which means I get my pick of animal and don't have to work parking if I don't want to. Even better I already know what I need to know about pigs so there's no taxing my poor befuddled brain. Imagine. A career highlight....working with pigs.
But first there is that vacation thing. Fingers crossed that it all works out. ---me---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>